Gifted and Enrichment Programs
PHONE: (250) 746-7541
FAX: (250) 746-8351
The Gifted Catyalyst Program in the Cowichan Valley School District is the program used to meet the needs of students with exceptional abilities. The program also provides opportunities for all students to work in their talent and strength areas. The program is designed to meet the BC Ministry of Education mandates as well as our school district philosophy and mission statement.
- BC Ministry of Education – Program and Services: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/irp
- BC Ministry of Education Gifted and Talented sites:
- Resource List: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/specialed/gifted/additional.htm
- Learning Environment: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/specialed/gifted/environment.htm
- Identifying students: www.bced.gov.bc.ca/specialed/gifted/identifying.htm
As part of its Gifted and Talented programming, the Cowichan Valley School District provides opportunities for students to take part in district events designed to challenge students in various subject areas. Teachers have the opportunity to work with students for several weeks ahead of events to prepare them for taking part in the various competitions. Schools are encouraged to send teams of students to each challenge event. Students receive certificates of participation.
District Challenge Program for 2011
Click here for more information on the District Challenge Program for 2011 (includes results for Intermediate and Primary Challenges).