Welcome to the Team!
Cowichan Valley School District is pleased to welcome you as a partner in the public school education of your child. When home and school work together, children have the best chance for success in learning. We value your trust and support as this important journey in your child’s life begins.
Kindergarten Registration will begin
January 27th, 2014
For information specific to our
FRENCH IMMERSION PROGRAM
please click here
School District 79 Cowichan Valley welcomes new Kindergarten students for the 2014-2015 school year. Any child who will be five years of age on or before December 31, 2014, may register at their neighbourhood (catchment) school. If you are unsure of your school, please contact the School Board Office at 250-748-0321 and talk to our receptionist.
Parents or guardians, please look at the document “What to take to the school when registering your child for Kindergarten” for a checklist of items to help make the Kindergarten registration process smoother.
Any student without Canadian documents and/or proof of BC residency will be redirected to the Principal of International Education at Cowichan Secondary School before registering at their neighbourhood school. If you do not have these documents, please contact the Principal of International Education at 250-746-0744.
- Kindergarten registrations will be accepted from families that live within their neighborhood school catchment area and from those with siblings presently attending with out-of-attendance area approval.
- Full Day Kindergarten is offered at all School District 79 Elementary Schools.
- Any parent with questions about a full day kindergarten program should speak to the principal about their child’s needs.
- Any family wishing to register their child in a different school may apply to do so until May 30, 2014, using an out-of-attendance area request form available at the school. As per District Policy #3309.
- First preference for registrations will be given to those children who reside in the school catchment.
- Second preference goes to those families who have siblings already attending the school for the 2013-14 school year.
- Out of attendance area requests will be considered once space and resource availability have been determined.
- Parents are advised to register at their neighbourhood school while waiting for out of area applications to be considered.
- New Youbou, Honeymoon Bay and Mesachie Lake families register at Palsson Elementary.
- French Immersion is offered at Ecole Duncan Elementary School in Duncan and at Ecole Cobble Hill Elementary School in Cobble Hill.
- New Thetis Island families register at Chemainus Elementary Community School.